According to God’s Word, the first important step after we put faith in Christ is baptism!
“THOSE WHO ACCEPTED HIS MESSAGE WERE BAPTIZED.”
Why should I be baptized?
To follow the example set by Christ. (Mark 1:9)
Because Christ asks us to. (Matthew 28:19-20)
It demonstrates that I really am a believer. (Acts 18:8) (1 John 2:3)
What is the meaning of baptism?
It is a public demonstration that you are a follower of Christ and His Teaching (Matthew 28:19-20)
It symbolizes spiritual cleansing. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
It pictures the true meaning of salvation. (Romans 6:1-4) (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Baptism doesn’t make you a believer - it shows that you already believe.
Why be baptized by immersion?
Because Jesus was baptized that way. (Matthew 3:16)
Every baptism in the Bible was by immersion. (Acts 8:38-39)
The word “baptize” (baptizo) means “to immerse in water.”
Who should be baptized?
Every person who Believes in Christ. (Acts 2:41) (Acts 8:12)
Before being baptized, did you feel you understood what sin was, that you sinned against God, and went against his righteous commandments?
- Do you consciously repent of disobeying God and living your life as YOU see fit rather than according to his will?
- Are you aware that becoming a Christian is a lifelong commitment that requires constant work to CHANGE, until the day you died, how you lived and think so that it conforms to what God wants?
- Do you fully accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and understand that it is his sacrifice that makes your calling possible?
- Is the decision to be baptized, even in part, due to pressure from others (parents, church, friends, etc.) or to be accepted by any one or group of people?
- Do you feel that the right thing is becoming a Christian and be Water Baptized?
Upcoming Baptism Dates: Sunday, March 31